Thursday 18 August 2011

Welcome to Maya's World of Food

Hi there!!

welcome to my blog! I love cooking and trying out new recipes from all over the world. Right now I live in New Delhi with my husband, so I have to opportunity to try out Indian cooking, but also Thai, Chinese and Lebanese. Needless to say it is easier (and cheaper) to find the ingredients for these cuisines over here than in Switzerland. But this does not mean that I have forgotten my first loves, Italian food and cake baking!

My recipes are easy to make and usually quite fast also, as in the Delhi summer you don't want to stand in the kitchen for hours... The ingredients are adapted to the Indian context, as some of them are difficult to find over here. For example instead of beef I use mutton (or chicken), instead of parmesan, cheddar, and so on. I consider this as en enrichment to my cooking more than a fault, it makes you more flexible and you discover many more interesting flavours!


But now let's get started! And Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment